BeautyRx by Dr. SchultzBRX REWARDS
BeautyRx by Dr. Schultz

Did you know you can earn points for signing up, making purchases and more?

Ask Dr. Schultz | Skin Care Guides | Best Skin Care Product for Anti-Aging

Best Skin Care Product for Anti-Aging

We all have to face it: aging is a fact of life. While aging is great in many regards, we also have to contend with its downsides. Luckily, there are some great skin care products that both fight the look of old skin, and that will enable you to age gracefully.

Aging's Effect on the Skin

As we age, our skin starts to go through some noticeable changes and while each of us will age differently, these are some of the common skin effects that most of us will experience.

  • Dullness
  • Discoloration
  • Wrinkles
  • Loss of firmness
  • Dry skin
  • Fine lines

You might gravitate towards wrinkles when reading this list, but just remember, it's not just about wrinkles. Did you know that wrinkles account for less than 5% of what you see on your face? It's the other 95% -- dullness, discoloration, dryness, etc. - that actually contributes to the skin we don't love. So just keep in mind that when fighting the signs of again, don't only focus on wrinkles (the 5%), make sure you're focusing everywhere else as well.

When to Buy Skin Care Products for Anti-Aging

The natural aging process normally begins in the skin by the time you're 30. By then, your dead skin cells aren't sheding as quickly, resulting in microscopic mounds that cause dull, discolored skin. At the same time, collagen production slows as well. While prevention is always easier than treatment and your 20s are a good time to start thinking about anti-aging, by your 30s, you should be in the full swing of an anti-aging regimen.

The Two Most Important Skin Care Products for Anti-Aging

If you're not preventing future damage, there's no reason to start treating existing issues. Sunscreen is the single most important product for preventing premature skin aging. Every day, you should be using a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15, with broad spectrum protection, such as the BeautyRx Maximum Solar Defense Sheer Cream SPF 50.

An antioxidant is the other most important anti-aging product, as it can counter the effects of free radicals that damage your skin.

Antioxidants can include but are not limited to:

  • Green tea extract
  • Vitamin C
  • Vitamin E
  • BeautyRx's Protective Vitamin C Rescue Serum is a great skin care product for anti-aging because it contains the most potent form of Vitamin C. This vitamin C serum is also enhanced with proprietary BeautyRx antioxidant complex, Triantiox. It the signs of premature skin aging and protects against those damaging free radicals. Just remember, antioxidants should always be applied at night.

    The Other Important Anti-Agin Skin Care Product

    Exfoliants are the other important anti-aging product. Examples of exfoliating ingredients include:

  • Salicylic Acid
  • Glycolic Acid
  • Lactic Acid
  • Phytic Acid
  • Exfoliants are so important because they remove those microscopic mounds of dulling, clogging skin cells, and reveal the glowing, more even-toned and healthier-looking skin that was there all the time. While the BeautyRx Progressive Peel is a great at home glycolic peel introduction to exfoliation, BeautyRx's Gentle Exfoliating Eye Therapy Cream is a great specialty glycolic eye cream option that's specially formulated to treat the delicate skin under and around your eyes.

    What Have We Learned About Anti-Aging Products?

    Fight the look of aging with great anti-aging skin care products. Any dermatologist approved exfoliants are best. It's also important to not only fight the look of aging but prevent any further damage to your skin as well which can be done with a good daily SPF moisturizer and antioxidant.

    Be sure to keep your skin looking glowing and gorgeous, after all it is your ambassador to the world.

    Leave a Comment

    Be the first to know about new
    products and exclusive deals.

    Sign up to get the latest news and promotions!

    Trying to find something?

    Your cart is currently empty Shop Now